Friday 8 January 2010

Crochet - We'll get there!

200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match

I've got this book "200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix-and-Match (Paperback)" on my bookshelve at home and I've been reading it for a while.


It's got me thinking, if I could use my yarn stash to make a giant blanket, one of each of the squares in said book. So a 200 square blanket; then obviously all the others that aren't in there, e.g. knitted blocks? Means I'd have to purchase;


200 Knitted Blocks: For Afghans, Blankets and Throws 


I think as Paul is constantly at me about the stash, it would be a worthwhile investment to purchase said book and make squares on my days off and on the way into work.


So that makes 400 squares. Wow that'll be a big blanket! But at least it'll keep me busy. Then I could crochet little flowers to go onto the blanket out of the oddments. Definately a good idea.




In other news, we (me and the tall one) are going to be looking at a flat (appartment; to the lovely reader from over the pond) on a week Saturday at 12:45pm. I'm so nervous! It's a lovely one bedroom place, very affordable. I'll keep you all posted!!

1 comment: